My name is Steve Johnson, and I write things. Mostly I write role-playing games for a company that I co-founded called Hex Games. We make a game system called QAGS and supplements for it like the award-winning Hobomancer and the not-as-award-winning Sharktoberfest. I’ve also written for assorted content farms, for a local alternative paper called Bazooka Magazine, and for my own amusement. Sometimes I design websites, screw around with Photoshop, and do funny/obnoxious things on the internet. In order to survive in society, I usually work a day job as well. Among other things, I’ve been a customer support rep, a comic shop manager, a cab driver, a parts/IT guy for a plastics company, and the safety guy on a construction site. I have a degree in Computer Science with minors in History and Studio Art from Transylvania University, which is located in Lexington Kentucky and reasonably vampire-free. I currently live in western Kentucky a few miles from where the Ohio and Mississippi rivers meet.
Other potentially useful information:
- Also Known As: Bucky Manitoba, Chainsaw, Hudson Hawk, Hunter S. Zevon, Kingyak, Mr. Spooky, Sam Tesseract
- Stuff I Write About: Role-Playing Games, Humor, Geek Culture, Forteana (aka weird shit), Books, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Politics, anything else that catches my interest.
- Stuff I Don’t Write: Search Engine Oriented Content. I tried that for about 3 weeks and realized that writing about historically accurate floor tiles for a penny a word (without credit) so that somebody could Earn Big Buck With Google Ads (TM) was just not for me.
- Top Five Vaguely Marketable Skills: Writing, Editing, Layout, Web Design, Game Design
- Interests: Movies, Forteana, Books, Music, Comics, Games, Good Beer
- Favorite Beatle: Ringo